Case Study: No.15 Great Pulteney Street, Bath
Monday 19th March 2018
No.15 opened its doors in December 2016 on the grandest street in Bath Spa, Great Pulteney Street. A microsite was initially launched in July 2016 before Journey constructed the main site in early 2017. The USPs were simple: decadence, unparalleled luxury, and a unique and modern approach to boutique hotels.
The hotel was there for all to see – the only thing left to do was take it to market and ensure the booking process was as easy as possible on a conversion-led website.
Journey were tasked with establishing and executing the hotel’s digital marketing through the Navigate programme.
- Increase quantity and, more importantly, the quality of unique visitors
- Increase traffic into the hotel’s booking engine from the conversion-led website
- Increase additional revenue generated via the website and through digital marketing efforts, techniques, and tactics
- Reduce reliance on online travel agents (OTAs) where applicable
Our strategy from day one was to ensure we protected the highly anticipated brand. By bidding on branded terms using text ads, we helped prevent OTAs from capturing any potential bookings from users searching for the brand. We also used sophisticated Facebook marketing activity to target key demographics derived from discussions with the hotel. This helped increase brand awareness and drive traffic to the No.15 site.
Secondly, we created an AdWords account to ensure we captured 100% search impression share for branded terms in order to compete with OTAs. Alongside email marketing, we also utilised discovery based terms such as “luxury hotel bath” in our digital activity to ensure we reached new and existing audiences. This enabled us to notify them of the hotel opening and highlight the benefits of booking directly through the No.15 website.
- Increased website traffic by 183% in year one
- Increased traffic into booking engine from 10% in Q1 to 30% in Q4 of 2017
- Achieved cost of sale in AdWords of under 5%
- Increased website revenue by 131% from Q1 to Q4 in 2017
“Through a close working relationship with Journey’s team and an investment in their knowledge and expertise, we have seen outstanding results for our first year on Navigate and expect this to rise again in our second year. Not only has traffic to our website increased, but so has our revenue.”
Katie Simmonds, No.15