Boringdon Hall Increases Website Revenue by 108% in One Year
Wednesday 29th August 2018
Boringdon Hall is a five star manor house hotel in Plymouth. The 16th century building and its grounds are steeped in history, and the hotel now features a collection of luxurious rooms and suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, and the stunning, three-story Gaia Spa.
Boringdon Hall wanted to increase direct revenue via their website and, where possible, reduce reliance on online travel agents (OTAs). They chose Journey to develop a new website and support them with their digital marketing activity through the Navigate programme.
- Increase the quantity, and quality, of unique visitors to the hotel’s website
- Drive high levels of traffic into the booking engine
- Increase additional revenue generated via the website and through digital marketing activity
- Where applicable, reduce the hotel’s reliance on online travel agents (OTAs)
After designing and developing an engaging, conversion-led website which was optimised for use on mobile devices, Journey created a series of display, remarketing, and text ads to help increase the quality and quantity of website traffic.
In addition to this, we implemented a Hotel Transfer Tool on the website which highlighted the exclusive benefits of booking direct, including the best room rate available and a complimentary glass of Champagne on arrival. This helped to increase the chances of a user entering the booking engine rather than leaving the site to compare prices or book elsewhere.
Since working with Journey, Boringdon Hall’s digital marketing strategy has gone from strength to strength. Between 2016 and 2018, the hotel achieved the following results, all without conducting any seasonal promotions or offering significant discounts on stays:
- Website revenue increased by 108% between 2016 and 2017, and by 70% between 2017 and 2018
- Between 2016 and 2017, the traffic into the hotel’s booking engine increased by 77%
- In the period of January to June 2018, the hotel achieved 2,327% ROI through Google Ads
- The cost of sale in Google Ads reached under 7.5% through a brand campaign
Working with the Journey team is a very easy and pleasant experience! From the beginning, they’ve answered every question and present clear data at regular intervals to monitor performance. With regular catch ups and constant communication, it has helped build strong campaigns to drive direct business. Like many other hotels, direct bookings are a big priority for us and the team at journey designed a sales driven website that still showcases our hotel’s brand and the guest experience whilst increasing conversion and driving traffic into our booking engines.
Becky Nowell, Sales Director, The Nettleton Collection