Date Published: 12:04:2020
- Journey HQ, Cheltenham
- Flexi Time - 37.5hrs PW
- Reports To
- Design Director
We’re on the lookout for a design thinker, problem solver and pixel perfectionist, that embraces every challenge as an opportunity. Someone who wants to be here because you love what you do, and want to do what you love; craft gorgeous UI, seamless UX, and game-changing digital experiences in the company of like minded people.
Well versed in all things digital from UI and UX, to IA and IXD. You’ll have the digital skills and an obsessive eye for detail to walk the walk in a fast paced environment, and a passion for your craft that inspires others around you.
As the global leader in hospitality e-commerce, your responsibility as UI/Digital Designer here at Journey will be combining design strategy, with design execution to deliver digital guest experiences that delight our clients, and their guests alike.
What You'll Do
Revolutionising the hospitality and travel industry is no easy feat, and one we can’t tackle alone, which is why we’re on the lookout for someone that oozes ambition, brings a wealth of insight and understanding, takes risks, challenges norms, and doesn't blink at the graft.
If you live and breathe all things design, and are confident challenging the status quo, you're in the right place...
- Lead and assist on large-scale projects including websites and digital campaigns.
- Seek to innovate, and challenge boundaries to create industry leading experiences.
- Find ways to bring your work to life through motion design and prototyping.
- Create compelling presentations that embrace narrative to communicate your vision.
- Present and articulate your thinking and intention behind your work.
- Craft documentation and work in collaboration with developers and other designers.
- Develop understanding of our design and development frameworks/methodologies.
- Seek simplicity and useability in everything you design, adopting a HCD approach.
- Show commercial understanding, delivering work that meets the brief.
What You'll Bring
We’re a collective of disruptive thinkers, digital specialists and tech pioneers. But above all, we’re a family. We win together, and lose together. And we pride ourselves on our ethos of culture first, capability second.
So we’re looking for someone that yes has the skills, but also has our back, like we’ll have yours.
- 4+ Years experience.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating design for digital applications.
- Enviable design skills, and understanding, with a love for what you do.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically XD.
- Animation, interaction design and prototyping skills.
- A real passion for our craft: design, creativity, technology.
- Conceptual thinking, delivering work at the nexus of design and technology.
- Strategic mindset, linking insight through purpose driven design.
- An obsessive attention to detail, and a meticulous dedication to delivery.
- Confidence in presenting work to internal teams and client stakeholders.
- Solve challenges, set goals and maintain priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity, a solid point-of-view, and confidence to challenge and inspire.
What You'll Get
Success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for your digital expertise, we offer a suite of perks to complement a benchmarked salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
- Money. [DOE]
- Personal development plan.
- Flexitime and WFH Fridays.
- 23 days holiday per year, + bank holidays and your birthday off too.
- 2 duvet days per year.
- Pension plan.
- Xmas and summer parties.
- Lunch & Learn sessions, + industry training resources.
- Amazing clients to work with.
- Snacks to keep you going, and things to drink.
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.
- And a pub over the road!