Technical Support Specialist
Date Published: 11:11:2022
- Remote + monthly meetings at the Cheltenham HQ
- Flexi Time — 37.5hrs p/w
- Reports To
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide remote B2B technical assistance for our clients on our eCommerce platforms. You will help diagnose and troubleshoot platform issues though our ticketing system and build a technical troubleshooting manual and work with the development team to resolve issues arising..
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert of our online software platforms used by luxury hotels, resorts and spas; knowing all the features, benefits and limitations.
- Provide technical support for clients, first line support and client facing teams; answering questions and helping to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Educate yourself - ensure you spend time learning about new releases to know what features have been added and the value they bring to clients.
- Take time to understand how our application works with third parties, and develop a strong understanding of their APIs and third party application capabilities.
- Take ownership of the knowledge base, writing troubleshooting guides for common issues, and answering FAQs
- Gather details about common problems and spot patterns to share with product and development teams to help improve the product.
- Build strong relationships with your third party counterparts, to facilitate the best service we can offer to our mutual clients.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and drive them through to conclusion.
What You’ll Bring
- A strong understanding of how websites and web applications are constructed. Experience of supporting SaaS / Multi tenant solutions would be an advantage.
- You know how to use Google Dev Tools to investigate issues when appropriate.
- Any knowledge of postman or sentry to find and troubleshoot issues would be an advantage.
- You know how to identify the difference between a bug, and a feature request.
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to de-escalate high temperature situations through clear and effective communication.
- Detailed when troubleshooting to gather necessary information to prove where an issue lies. You don’t make assumptions.
- You know how to write an excellent bug report for development teams.
- Experience working with third party teams to collectively resolve client and technical problems.
- Always looking for ways to improve efficiency for the team.
- Keen to share knowledge and educate the rest of the team with any new learning.
- Any experience supporting the following hospitality software (or similar) will be highly advantageous - Sabre SynXis, Guestline Roomlynx/DBM, Core by Premier Software, Book4Time, ResDiary, OpenTable
- Knowledge of Intercom (or similar) with a great track record of swiftly responding and resolving issues within SLAs to client satisfaction.
- Writing and reviewing knowledge base articles
What You'll Get
Success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for working with us to achieve our ambitious goals, we offer a suite of perks to complement a competitive salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
Does this sound like somewhere you will thrive?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.