Senior Front-End Developer
Date Published: 13:09:2022
- Remote + monthly meetings at the Cheltenham HQ
- Flexi Time — 37.5hrs p/w
- Reports To
What you’ll do
You'll work within our agile software development team on a disruptor application within the luxury hospitality industry.
Who you are
- You have a good grasp of state flow patterns and solid experience with state management libraries (Redux)
- You have an understanding of Universal JS and Server Side Rendering (Next.js)
- You have command of HTML5 APIs and CSS3
- You have experience with CSS as JS techniques (Styled Components)
- You are up-to-date with the latest ECMAScript syntax and functionality
- You have an understanding of commonly used design patterns and programming principles and when to use them appropriately
- You have familiarity with component style guides (Storybook)
- You practice Test Driven Development and are experienced with testing frameworks (Jest, React Testing Library)
- You have experience of integrating with third party APIs (REST, SOAP)
- You have a wide breadth of knowledge of the frontend ecosystem and are continually look to learn new skills, tools and technologies
- You are comfortable working with common development tools such as Git, Docker and cloud platforms
- You are used to working in a team, collaborating and providing mentorship to other team members
- You have at least 2 years experience working within an agile team environment.
What we’d like to see
- An eagerness to excel. A conscientious worker who takes pride in the team’s work.
- The confidence to present improvements to process, tooling and techniques for better quality and productivity.
- Keen to collaborate. Working with UX design and backend developers to create the best quality product.
- Willing to learn. Keeping an eye on new technologies and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- An ability to write code that not only meets the acceptance criteria but performs well. Mindful of the impact with search engine results.
How we work
We use Atlassian products (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence) for management of features added to our product platforms. We work in 2 weeks sprints, with the tasks provided including description, acceptance criteria, XD designs and direction on API design.
Our team comprises a Product Owner, Technical Architect, UX Designer, Frontend Developers, Backend Developers, DevOps and QA. We work closely together in defining and delivering all features added to our platforms, and welcome input and ideas from all members of the agile team.
We follow the continuous delivery approach to ensure that features and bug fixes are delivered to our clients on a regular basis, often many times a day.
Planning larger phases of work requires a lot of collaboration and understanding - particularly when integrating with third party APIs. These are workshopped face to face with the whole team. Similarly, sprint planning and retrospectives are also face to face activities.
What You'll Get
Success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for your developer expertise, we offer a suite of perks to complement a benchmarked salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
- Money. [DOE]
- Personal development plan.
- Hybrid working & flexible hours
- 23 days holiday per year, + bank holidays and your birthday off too.
- 2 duvet days per year.
- Pension plan.
- Xmas and summer parties.
- Lunch & Learn sessions, + industry training resources.
- Amazing clients to work with.
- Wellbeing initiatives, client & Perkbox discounts
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.
- And a pub over the road!