Senior Digital Designer
Date Published: 12:04:2020
- Journey HQ, Cheltenham
- Flexi Time - 37.5hrs PW
- Reports To
- Design Director
We’re on the lookout for an experienced digital designer with a solid understanding of end-to-end website delivery, an uncompromising commitment to quality, and a portfolio that showcases your design for the digital world. Working exclusively in the luxury hospitality space, you will have the opportunity to design jaw-dropping websites, engaging campaigns, and seamless experiences for some of the world's most renowned hotel brands. With occasional site visits to immerse yourself in their experience being an enviable perk of the job.
As a Senior Digital Designer here at Journey it will be your responsibility to work alongside other designers and agency professionals, to combine digital thinking, with innovative design execution to deliver websites and campaigns that build engagement, drive conversion, and delight our clients, and their guests alike.
If you are well versed in all things web, have an obsessive eye for detail, and a passion for your craft that inspires others around you, then we'd love to talk...
What You'll Do
Revolutionising the luxury hospitality and travel industry is no easy feat, and one we can’t tackle alone, which is why we’re on the lookout for someone that oozes ambition, brings a wealth of insight and understanding, takes risks, challenges norms, and doesn't blink at the graft.
If you live and breathe all things design, and have the skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment, you're in the right place...
- Lead and assist on large-scale projects including websites and digital campaigns.
- Seek to innovate, and challenge boundaries to create industry leading websites.
- Find ways to bring your work to life through motion design and prototyping.
- Create compelling presentations that embrace narrative to communicate your vision.
- Present and articulate your thinking and intention behind your work.
- Craft documentation and work in collaboration with developers and other designers.
- Develop understanding of our design and development frameworks/methodologies.
- Seek simplicity and usability in everything you design.
- Show commercial understanding, delivering work that meets the brief.
What You'll Bring
We’re a collective of disruptive thinkers, digital specialists and tech pioneers. But above all, we’re a family. We win together, and lose together. And we pride ourselves on our ethos of culture first, capability second.
So we’re looking for someone that yes has the skills, but also has our back, like we’ll have yours.
- 6+ Years experience.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating design for web.
- Enviable design skills, and understanding, with a love for what you do.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically XD.
- Animation, interaction design and prototyping skills are preferable.
- A real passion for our craft: design, creativity, and technology.
- Conceptual thinking, delivering work at the nexus of design and technology.
- Strategic mindset, linking insight through purpose driven design.
- An obsessive attention to detail, and a meticulous dedication to delivery.
- Confidence in presenting work to internal teams and client stakeholders.
- Solve challenges, set goals and maintain priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity, a solid point-of-view, and confidence to challenge and inspire.
What You'll Get
We believe success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for your design expertise, we offer a suite of perks to complement a benchmarked salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
- Money. [DOE]
- Personal development plan.
- Flexitime and WFH Fridays.
- 23 days holiday per year, + bank holidays and your birthday off too.
- 2 duvet days per year.
- Pension plan.
- Xmas and summer parties.
- Lunch & Learn sessions, + industry training resources.
- Amazing clients to work with + inclusive site visits.
- Snacks to keep you going, and things to drink.
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.
- And a pub over the road!