Date Published: 24:02:2023
- Remote + some meetings monthly at the Cheltenham office
- Flexi Time - 37.5hrs PW
- Reports To
- Product Director
We drive direct business for hoteliers through end-to-end guest acquisition and online conversion. We partner with luxury hotels and resorts to increase their online revenue and maximise profits through a unique blend of digital expertise, industry insight and custom-built technology.
You’ll work as a Product Owner in one of our our cross functional agile teams, taking ownership of the product backlog and delivery milestones, for our groundbreaking, multi-tenant, eCommerce booking platform for luxury hotels, spas and resorts.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be part of our cross functional agile development team, helping to deconstruct requirements into user stories and define acceptance criteria, to create a well defined product backlog.
- You will work closely with the product director to define backlog priorities and help to communicate delivery times to the business.
- You’ll become an expert in all aspects of the product, able to answer any questions about the requirements of the business.
- You’ll join all agile ceremonies to ensure any questions the team have, are answered, and help to ensure the work in progress stays within scope.
- You’ll work with the design team where necessary to ensure that stories have suitable designs that visualise the business requirements.
- You’ll help to triage bug reports and log tickets for the support & implementations team where appropriate.
- You will lead the meetings for the agile ceremonies (dailies, refinement sessions, retrospectives)
- This is a complex technical project, so you will always be looking to learn the things you don’t know, listen and ask the right questions to ensure you can provide the right information for the team.
What You'll Bring
We’re a collective of disruptive thinkers, digital specialists and tech pioneers. But above all, we’re a family. We win together, and lose together. And we pride ourselves on our ethos of culture first, capability second. So we’re looking for someone that yes has the skills, but also has our back, like we’ll have yours.
- At least 3 years experience as a product owner, software business analyst or product manager working in an agile delivery environment.
- Experience working with hotel software is highly desirable.
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria for systems connecting to third party APIs.
- You are driven, curious and autonomous.
- You take the time to learn everything there is to know about our platforms, and what problems they help our clients and their customers overcome.
- You’ll understand agile and it’s relevance and importance for software development. Any experience in a Scrum Master role is useful.
- You’ll love a diagram! You’re experienced using tools like LucidChart and Spark to document processes and describe requirements
- You’ll be keen to listen and understand team members’ points of view, and be able to articulate your own.
- You’ll be keen to make meetings flow well and be enjoyable - possibly with a few ideas for games / different approaches to retrospectives.
- Used to, and unphased by working in a fast paced environment on multiple projects concurrently.
- Good knowledge of Jira and its ‘features’!
- Always organised and on time for meetings
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written
What we’d like to see
- An eagerness to excel. A conscientious worker who takes pride in the team’s work.
- The confidence to present improvements to processes and techniques for better quality and productivity.
- Calm under pressure, and embraces a challenge with a willingness to find solutions
- Keen to collaborate.
- Keeping an eye on new technologies and sharing your knowledge with the team and running workshops to help others learn and develop.
How we work
We use Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) for management of features added to our product platforms. We work in 2 weeks sprints.
Dailies, backlog refinement, retrospectives and day to day management of the product backlog may be completed remotely (working from home), but periodically you may be required to come to the Cheltenham office for face-to-face meetings, planning/workshops or team building. However, this will largely be a remote working role.
Journey is a fast paced and exciting place to work. No two days are the same. That said, more is not always better. We believe that engaged, fulfilled people are more satisfied and productive at work. We aim to provide you with balance.
We have several team days as a whole company throughout the year, and our development team workshops provide you with more opportunities to get to know your teammates and have some fun. As self improvement and learning is encouraged, we’ll support you to attend any conferences or courses that are appropriate.
What You'll Get
Success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for working with us to achieve our ambitious goals, we offer a suite of perks to complement a competitive salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
Does this sound like somewhere you will thrive?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.