Junior DevOps Engineer
Date Published: 30:07:2021
- Product Tech
- Journey HQ, Cheltenham
- Flexi Time - 37.5hrs PW
- Reports To
- Product Director
We drive direct business for hoteliers through end-to-end guest acquisition and online conversion. We partner with luxury hotels and resorts to increase their online revenue and maximise profits through a unique blend of digital expertise, industry insight and custom-built technology.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be working in our agile team to migrate and manage our existing cloud-based infrastructure to a Docker based solution using the latest tools and technologies and maintaining the highest standards of reliability and scalability.
- You’ll also be working to develop our continuous delivery pipelines and work with our developers to make our workflows more efficient.
What You'll Bring
- 1 - 2 years experience within a DevOps, SRE or Infrastructure team
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Container orchestration experience with ECS and/or EKS
- Provisioning infrastructure with Terraform
- Knowledge of yaml based CI/CD solutions like Github Actions and/or Gitlab CI
- The desire to automate everything
What you might have:
- Knowledge of GitOps, DevSecOps and other cloud methodologies
- An interest in using and supporting CNCF technologies
What we’d like to see:
- An eagerness to excel. A conscientious worker who takes pride in their work.
- The confidence to present improvements to process, tooling and techniques for better quality and productivity.
- Calm under pressure, and embraces a challenge with a willingness to find solutions
- Keen to collaborate. Working with developers and other stakeholders to understand their needs./li>
- Keeping an eye on new technologies and sharing your knowledge with the team and running workshops to help others learn and develop.
- An ability to write code that not only meets the acceptance criteria but performs well.
- Mindful of the impact changes might have on developers and users of the systems you are building/li>
- Willing to react out of hours to fix issues if they occur
- Previous web development experience will be a big plus
How we work
We use Atlassian products (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence) for management of features added to our product platforms. We work in 2 weeks sprints.
You will work on hosting platforms that are used by the Agency (web sites) and Tech (web applications) Divisions of the company, but will be a part of the Technology Division, working closely with the DevOps Lead Engineer.
Dailies and progressing work in progress may be completed remotely (working from home) as agreed with the Product Director of the Technical Division, but periodically you may be required to come to the Cheltenham office for face-to-face meetings, planning/workshops or team building. However, this will largely be a remote working role.
Journey is a fast paced and exciting place to work. No two days are the same. That said, more is not always better. We believe that engaged, fulfilled people are more satisfied and productive at work. We aim to provide you with balance.
We have several team days as a whole company throughout the year, and our development team workshops provide you with more opportunities to get to know your teammates and have some fun. As self improvement and learning is encouraged, we’ll support you to attend any conferences or courses that are appropriate.
What You'll Get
Success is a mutual game, which is why we invest heavily in our team. We believe in true partnerships that reward equally, so in return for your content craftsmanship, we offer a suite of perks to complement a benchmarked salary, including flexible working, personal development initiatives and much more…
- Money. [DOE]
- Perkbox & Journey travel club
- Flexitime and WFH Fridays.
- 23 days holiday per year, + bank holidays and your birthday off too.
- 2 duvet days per year.
- Pension plan.
- Xmas and summer parties.
- Lunch & Learn sessions, + industry training resources.
- Amazing clients to work with.
- Snacks to keep you going, and things to drink.
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.
- And a pub over the road
Does this sound like somewhere you will thrive?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.